Dne 6.12.2012 17:02, Tomas Mraz napsal(a):
On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 09:07 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:
* 896 - Refine Feature Process  (notting, 18:07:50)
    * AGREED: Feature process modification: features are announced on
      devel-announce by feature wrangler once wrangler verifies feature
      page content (+:9, -:0)  (notting, 18:34:51)

Well done! Thank you.

    * AGREED: FESCo votes on new features no sooner than a week after the
      devel-announce announcement. (+:8, -:0, 0:0)  (notting, 18:46:03)

Now the rest of the change: "The feature is automatically accepted (no FESCo
involved at all) after one week if there is no negative feedback on ML.
Otherwise it must be evaluated by FESCo."
At the least, that should be rephrased.  Negative feedback isn't the
thing you really want to trigger off of.  It's more "if there is no
significant discussion" or something similar.  You can have something
with a lot of positive discussion that is still a large and invasive
Feature that should be reviewed by FESCo.
Let's rephrase it:
The feature is automatically accepted (no FESCo involved at all) after
one week if the submitter of feature or anybody else explicitly does not
ask for FESCo review and approval.

This is definitely better wording.

Also, there was dissent already in the "auto-approving" of leaf-features
during the meeting discussion so I am not sure that auto-accepting of
Features in general given a lack of response is ever going to actually
happen.  I personally wouldn't vote for it.

This proposal entirely avoids discussion of "leaf-features", "self contained features" or "complex features with system-wide impact" since there will never by any reasonable metrics you can apply to decide. If you can't decide what feature you are dealing with, how you want to judge if FESCo should be approving it or not.

If some FESCo member thinks that is should be approved by FESCo, s/he still has the power to open ticket for FESCo meeting. The same power as other Fedora community members.

Actually I would be very interested to hear why there should not be "auto-approving". Please enlighten me.

Vít