Hi,

There is a request to disable to PIRQ (PCI Irq Routing Table) fallback in
upstream biosdevname.   This change would result in network device naming
changing to ethN on systems where SMBIOS type 41 and type 9 records are not
present.

Also, if we chose to disable PIRQ table fallback, I think it would also be
useful to add "--smbios 2.6"  parameter so that biosdevname would name devices
only in systems with SMBIOS 2.6.

It would be great if you could let us know your thoughts/concerns.

Currently, the upstream biosdevname command line looks like -

PROGRAM="/sbin/biosdevname --policy physical -i %k", NAME="%c",
OPTIONS+="string_escape=replace"

With PIRQ table fallback disabled, it would look like -

PROGRAM="/sbin/biosdevname --nopirq  --policy physical -i %k", NAME="%c",
OPTIONS+="string_escape=replace"

With regards,
Narendra K