Am 19.12.2012 15:29, schrieb Ozan Çağlayan:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
>> because most people the days are using network-printers
>> even the cheap HP printers having WLAN/LAN and working without
>> any windows crap
>
> Agree but it doesn't change the fact that there are still plenty of
> printers shared through Windows.

maybe, but you have to read manuals all the time and can not
expect to have anything working out-of-the-box, there are
even people not owning a printer at all

> Completely different things. People needing to serve HTTP pages will
> know about several available httpd server packages. I'm talking about
> hardware enablement. Also, the maintainer of the
> gnome-control-center's printer part wrote that [0] it would be ready
> for Gnome 3.8. When that's ready, wouldn't you fetch in samba-client
> in the default installation set?

i would not fetch ANY samba package in the DEFAULT installation
for no reason

following this argumentation would lead to install ANYTHING as default because
soemone could complain his workload is not supported out-of-the-box