On 2012-12-29 17:01, Ken Dreyer wrote:
I noticed our package review process doesn't explicitly say "After you
make an update to the package, bump the 'Release' number and post a
new link each time." This is a popular convention, but it doesn't seem
to be formally documented.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

Should this guidance be part of our instructions?

- Ken
The GL nowadays allows updating of the spec without a release bump as long as nothing is released [1]. However, the changelog should still be updated one way or another.

Also, in many cases the same link is reused, at least for the spec. I see nothing wrong in that

That said, what's the problem you want to solve here?

--alec

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Changelogs