Reading the topic about Cinnamon as Default Desktop.
For my view, Cinnamon is nothing more than a heavily tweaked Gnome Shell based on reactive feeling. It only duplicated the effort already covered by Gnome development. Issue like nautilus removal of some functionality could be resolved by creating the adds like it happened with nautilus-terminal. I find incredible when it comes to desktop environment like Gnome a caging fighting style occur. It tells a lot about which individuals really are in order to safely ignore them.

From my eyes, Cinnamon is nothing special, unworthy as default desktop in Fedora.

Luya