On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Adrian Reber <adr...@lisas.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:02:57AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> > CONFIG_NAMESPACES seems to be required to make all those activated _NS
>> > options actually enabled:
>> >
>> > config-generic:CONFIG_PID_NS=y
>> > config-generic:CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
>> > config-generic:CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
>> > config-generic:CONFIG_NET_NS=y
>>
>> Those might be doable.
>
> To make it clear. This already what is in the kernel package and not a
> change I made. It just needs CONFIG_NAMESPACES to actually be enabled.

The kernel team discussed this at last week's public kernel meeting.  I
think we're comfortable enabling these options.  We're going to patch
the Kconfig so that it doesn't depend on CONFIG_EXPERT, but aside from
that things should be as you suggest.

We'd really like to see some kind of testing framework for this though.
Do you know of any testcases that could be added to the Fedora kernel
testing git tree to cover CRIU?  If not, do you think you could create
some minimal ones?

josh