Matthias Clasen <mcla...@redhat.com> writes:

> Until you put a pipe between and turn the outputs of command a into
> inputs of command b...

People will generally be aware that output is locale-dependent. That is
most of the point of having locales at all.

Setting LC_ALL=C is not a nice option. That would mean that I have to
redo all localization (translate the output) when I call it and intend
to return the output to the user in the appropriate language. This is at
best difficult. I also have to redo sorting and so on.

All this so that people can use decimal comma instead of decimal
point... Are there other decimal separators in use? Can we patch iputils
to accept both comma and dot in all locales?

/Benny