Hi

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Paul Wouters  wrote:

> Now if only "cannot display date with the time in top panel" could be
> a gnome3 blocker bug, that would be one less gnome3 issue. The other
> major one of notifications being seemingly overengineered while still
> being pretty useless probably is a bigger issue :/

It is possible to display date with time in the panel just fine.  use
gnome-tweak-tool to do that.  I agree that notifications are problematic
however.   I had to install a extension just to get to know when a open
window in pidgin is getting new messages.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/258/notifications-alert-on-user-menu/

Rahul