Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> = Features/FedoraUpgrade =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraUpgrade
>
> Feature owner(s):  Miroslav Suchý <msu...@redhat.com>
>
> Upgrade Fedora to next version using yum upgrade.

I agree this should be officially supported, but:

> I propose to have FedUp and FedoraUpgrade in Fedora 19.

not using that FedoraUpgrade script. Sorry, but IMHO, that script causes
more problems than it solves.

For one, it's a one step approach, whereas the IMHO nicest solution, which
is IMHO the best compromise between safety and minimum downtime, and which
also works if you don't have working networking outside of user sessions (NM
user connection), is the following:
yum --releasever=n+1 --downloadonly distro-sync
telinit 3
yum --releasever=n+1 -C distro-sync
which cannot be done in a single script (the telinit would kill the script
if it's run from the graphical session). (And sorry Lennart for using
telinit 3 rather than whatever the native systemd equivalent is. ;-) )

In addition, not all the things the script does are strictly required and
wanted by all users, and finally, I don't think the steps are so tedious as
to deserve automation.

        Kevin Kofler