On Tue, 2 Apr 2013, Adam Williamson wrote:

Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 15:18:55 -0700
From: Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com>
To: devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: Expanding the list of "Hardened Packages"

However prelink does reduce the effectiveness of ASLR (a bit).  See
http://lwn.net/Articles/341440/ and follow-up conversation.

Ignoring the silly stuff, it does seem that this is Yet Another Reason Prelink Is Bad, and we seem to keep bumping up against those. It does rather seem like we should consider just killing it, at least by default.

At this point I have the feeling that Prelink is a cargo cult which we keep around to appease the Airplane Gods.

--
Stephen John Smoogen
RHCE: 805299440800213