Le 16/04/2013 17:12, Michał Piotrowski a écrit :
> So you want to replace APC with Zend OPcache on F18 and F17?

Not exactly.
It will be an admin choice.

Of course only 1 opcode cache can be enabled at the same time.

We have
php-pecl-zendopcache Conflicts: php-pecl-apc < 3.1.15

APC 3.1.15dev is already in Fedora 19, with opcode cache disabled by
default (and in provided configuration)

I plan to push APC 3.1.15dev in Fedora 17, 18 with opcache enabled
(to not break existing configuration).

Admin will be able to install Zend OPcache (but will have to disable or
remove APC).

I will recommend all users who encounter issue with APC to switch to ZO.

Goal is to have as much as possible users of ZO and then have a robust
opcode cache in all branches (I work a lot with upstream on this project).

APCu will also be an alternative in Fedora <= 19
It will obsolete APC in Fedora >= 20

Note : APC is really replaced by ZO (opcode cache) + APCu (user cache)
But this a really good split. 1 feature = 1 extension.

And we still have another alternative opcode cache : php-xcache.

Remi.