On 05/03/2013 12:30 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 05/03/2013 04:22 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
On 05/03/2013 09:45 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
<snip>
Why not just make the assumption that administrators will use the
netinstall and or ks and desktop users will use live spins?

JBG

I don't know if it is still the case, but historically you could NOT
specify a file system different from the live spin--ext4.

That doesn't apply  for the last few releases.

Rahul

Well, heck, just go with spins then. Put them on DVDs. Allow a default desktop environament and a selection of other desktop environments. Common brown bear users will use the default spin (Gnome) and more sophisticated users will pick their spin and if they need something not on the spin, they will yum install it. I don't intend to start the discussion on default desktop, but it really doesn't seem to be of any consequence since all popular desktops have their own spin.

--
Regards,
OldFart