On Fri, 2013-05-03 at 14:26 -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
> So I just wanted to email other intelligent people and see if I was
> crazy or stupid.
>
> Dan
I don't ever want my password visible onscreen when I am typing it. I'm
not worried about people staring at my keyboard when I'm typing my
password; unless people are actually out to get you, that's paranoid. I
just reasonably don't want them to see it if they're looking at my
screen when I'm typing it....

I don't see the point in Anaconda implementing this while GNOME is
bulleting out passwords (and I hope GNOME doesn't change that; there
would be an uproar).