On Sat, 2013-05-04 at 13:20 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> That's it. So far as I can see, that's the sole reference to any actual
> identifiable study. And again, so far as I can see, the entire 2009
> debate spiraled out from that single post, with lots of 'experts' adding
> their subjective $0.02 on either side (mostly against), but no-one
> actually adding any kind of useful empirical research.

The other link I've seen cited in favour of the change -
http://uxmovement.com/forms/why-password-masking-can-hurt-your-sign-up-form/ -
again appears to be solely opinion stated as fact. It's all phrased very
categorically, but there is no reference I can find to any kind of actual
evidential backing.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey