On May 16, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, Heiko Adams <heiko.ad...@gmail.com> said:
>> My top 6 of extreme long starting services are:
>> $ systemd-analyze blame
>>         27.652s NetworkManager.service
>>         27.072s chronyd.service
>>         27.015s avahi-daemon.service
>>         26.899s tuned.service
>>         26.647s restorecond.service
>>         23.512s lightdm.service
>
> Some people seem to be seeing some extremely long startup times for some
> services.  I can't see what would make some of these take that long.

I wonder if wireless connectivity is related? When I reboot with and without a
wired connection attached, I get the same result. But maybe wireless is causing
delays just by being configured, even if a wired connection is available?

> Rather than focusing on individual services, it would seem to me like a
> good idea to see if there is some underlying issue at work here.

Is why I'm not trying to focus on individual services beyond understanding what
they do or what they need, to see if there's a pattern. My top suspect is
network related, because I get the weirdest changes by just changing hostname
and rebooting, which is baffling to me.

Chris Murphy