On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 09:30 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 02:44:25PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Thinking about it more, this really seems to be the way to go. Forcing
> > user creation in anaconda is a problem for someone who wants to do a
> > minimal install with no user account. Doing the above would reduce the
> > paths to something manageable without compromising any existing use
> > cases.
>
> Who'd want to do a minimal install and not create an account?
> (And wouldn't be doing that using a kickstart or another specialized
> install method?)

Prior to F19 it was what happened by default: there was no user creation
in anaconda, and no CLI firstboot in Fedora (for a while there was one
but it didn't offer user creation); so on a minimal install you only had
to set a root password and you wound up with a system with just the root
user.

As I mentioned in my initial post, the Law of Xkcd informs us that if we
change this so that user creation is mandatory, it will *inevitably*
piss someone off. Having said that, I personally wouldn't mind doing it
and facing down the inevitable flamewar, but hey. Cutting i-s down to
size seems a more conservative and almost equally beneficial option.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey