Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> writes:

> I initially got abi-compliance-checker into Fedora because one of my
> packages does not maintain any sort of API/ABI compatibility or even
> versioning for that matter. That way I could always check a new
> release to see if any of its dependencies needed to be rebuilt.

It would be nice to use this to decide that we don't need to rebuild
clients across Boost upgrades.  The trouble is that for this, more than
static Dwarf inspection is needed.  We also need an analysis of all
templates that haven't been instantiated, in case another library used
them in API.  This seems to call for a solution based on a GCC plugin or
something similar, where you really get to see and dump the source.

Thanks,
PM