On 07/18/2013 03:55 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 09:51:32AM -0600, Eric Smith wrote:
What I thought you asked was how to read Linux log files from a
Windows installation, e.g., when Linux fails to boot.  In the past
I've been able to do that using ext2fsd without much difficulty. I
used that method when I wasn't able to boot a rescue or live CD, and
the last resort would have been to pull the hard drive from the
machine and use a different computer to inspect it.   But if
/var/log/messages is not made available by default, then using ext2fsd
won't work, and other methods become more difficult also.
I think this case is relatively obscure, but as with RHEL6, it would be nice
to have a journal file viewer for Windows.

Why not read this files on another Fedora host ( or some other distro that uses systemd )?
What's the reason for this hard dependency on Windows?

JBG