On Sun, 21.07.13 01:50, Oron Peled (o...@actcom.co.il) wrote:

> On Friday 19 July 2013 15:46:25 Adam Williamson wrote:
> > ... We don't set up any mail reader to read this mail out of the box.
>
> OK, I won't count mailx and mutt because we talk about different audience,
> should we open bug-reports for the rest? (kmail? evolution?)

Goog luck filing bugs against Thunderbird, GMail and Zimbra to add
support for local mail queue reading...

> > No app is very likely to know your user name and send mail to you.
>
> Cron was already mentioned, but every one seem to ignore the fact that
> regular users don't have permission to read system logs.

journald actually splits out user logs and use filesystem ACLs to ensure
that the user gets read access to his own logs. This doesn't work for
syslog (and also not if cron first collects all logs and then logs them
as root).

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.