On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 16:49 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:

> > But it's actually relatively simple to hack around that for now with a
> > NM dispatcher script. Having libproxy-pacrunner available is the
> > important missing piece of the puzzle for now.

Sorry for delayed response. Please don't drop me from Cc when replying!

> Should the dispatcher script be provided by the libproxy-pacrunner
> sub-package ? Or NM ?

Well, it actually wants to be handled properly *within* NM rather than
from a dispatcher script. It's much the same as the logic which handles
DNS servers and search domains. Very similar, in fact, once we end up
properly handling split-tunnel VPNs and the like. It will end up with a
list of "For <this> domain or IP range, use <this> proxy setup".

You really wouldn't want to do that from a dispatcher script.

For now my hacked-up dispatcher script will set the proxy discovered by
the network (by DHCP-wpad or wpad.$searchdomain or whatever), only if
the connection that's just come up is the *only* connection (i.e. the
only physical connection, or a full-tunnel VPN).

And *that* script has no business being shipped in Fedora at all for
now. I'm not sure if there's an intermediate stage between this and full
NetworkManager support which *could* be shipped, but until there *is*
such a thing, your question about *where* to ship it is fairly hard to
answer :)

> There is probably a need to have theses sub-packages properly installed by
> default ?

Yes. But let's make it all *work* properly first :)

--
dwmw2