Kevin,

note that EPEL tries wherever possible to not push updates that are
incompatible. I have no idea if there's any incompatible config changes
or the like between those versions, but if there are that might be a
reason it's not been updated yet.

The best way forward is to file a bug and ask the maintainer(s):

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20EPEL&version=el6&component=exim

Hopefully they will update it for you then, or explain why that might
not be possible. ;)

Thanks. I'm ok with it being behind purely on version numbers as long as someone's actively still keeping track of it. That's all I wanted to make sure of. I'll file a bug and see what I see.

Cheers,
Dario