Pete Zaitcev <zait...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Thought I was careful about them, but apparently not enough. So, does
> anyone have a script that can be attached to git hooks, reliably detects
> an attempt to push merge nodes, then bails the push?

I presume that that would prevent valid merging between branches in the repo?

For example, I have a reasonably simple package that I apply patches to in the
master branch and then merge everything back into the last few Fedora version
branches.  Usually merge just fast-forwards the branch, but occasionally there
has been a mass-rebuild that threw an extra commit in that then needs dealing
with.  I presume I would then need to pick all the commits instead?

David