On 27.09.2013 20:59, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:55:43AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
I still can't choose a Desired Capacity that's larger than free space
in the VG. Ergo, I can't create a virtual size LV. Is this expected?

At this stage, yes.  It might change in future, but I think it was felt
to be both too much code to change and too much change for users to take
on board if it was all changed at once.

Wouldn't it make sense to use the thinp code by default even without providing the thin provisioning part in Anaconda? This would at least give you the much improved snapshot support.

Regards,
  Dennis