On 10/18/2013 09:55 AM, Paul Howarth wrote:
On 18/10/13 13:38, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
Before too much longer I will need to withdraw the glusterfs.
(glusterfs-3.2.7 fwiw, very out of date, this version is a Requires for
another package, HekaFS.)

Withdrawal becomes necessary when RHEL starts to ship a subset of the
glusterfs packages.

But instead of withdrawing it, what if I were to alter it to simply
install /etc/yum.repos.d/community-glusterfs.repo file? This repo file
would point to YUM repo(s) on download.gluster.org.

Would that conform to the Fedora policy wrt not shipping packages that
conflict with packages in RHEL.

It would be against the policy of not shipping repo files for non-Fedora
repos:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Configuration_of_Package_Managers

Okay, I'm okay with that. How about instead of a /etc/yum.repos.d/ file if it's a /usr/share/doc/glusterfs.README containing instructions for how to use the community GlusterFS yum repo?

--

Kaleb