> Having as the only GUI package management application on your spin one
> that
> does not even offer all packages is very broken.

It isn't a *package* management application. It's an *application*
management application, ie., it only handles packages that are desktop
applications (and therefore have desktop files associated with them).

I'm guessing power users that want to install other packages will need
to resort to the command line: yum/dnf/packagekit-cli. I'm not really
sure about this though. Someone else might know better.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AppInstaller
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,