Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Like repos.fedorapeople.org ?

I don't have a beef with r.f.o. They're no different from hosting a repo on a personal server. The top of the root page even contains a disclaimer.

How on earth do you get to 'does away with them' ?

It's a Fedora infrastructure server building non-Fedora packages. Why is it considered part of Fedora? Plus there is no disclaimer.

The copr maintainers? along with anyone who looks at them who wishes to
report something non distributable. Just like repos.fedorapeople.org

Good. I see that feature.

Sure they can. This just allows them a place to publish them and not
use local computing resources to build them.

I don't have anything wrong with creating a useful service if it respects Fedora's principles.