Il 12/11/2013 08:11, Manuel Faux ha scritto:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:08:10 -0800
Toshio Kuratomi <a.bad...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:22:16AM +0200, Elad Alfassa wrote:
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Manuel Faux <manuel.f...@conf.at>
wrote:

     NetBeans 7.4 requires a file called jnlp-servlet.jar which is
part of the Oracle JDK and itself non-free licensed. The file is
not required for building, but for specific functions of the
software.

     More concrete, the file is required if "one wants to build a
packaged war file of JNLP version of a suite".

     It seems like only the class
jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet is required, but I could
not find it in the OpenJKD.

     How is this normally handled? Should we add a file to the docs
which describes that for this specific functionality that file is
required?
     Manuel

The answer is simple. Remove the file. Don't distribute it in
Fedora. Have a README.fedora file in /usr/share/docs/netbeans (or
whatever) which explains that this file was removed due to
licensing issues and how to get it.
+1

Depending on the license, you may just need to remove the file in the
spec file or you may need to clean it from the tarball before that
tarball is uploaded to the lookaside cache (via fedpkg new-sources).

You may also need to patch the software so that it gracefully handles
the lack of that file at runtime.  Perhaps removing the menu entry
that won't function or popping up a dialog to explain that the
netbeans we ship can't use that non-free functionality.

-Toshio
Thanks for your input.

I already asked in the legal mailing list, and it was suggested that I
might ask at Oracle if they change the license in a way that it
complies to free software. But even if they would do it, it would take
some time, and I don't want to wait for that. So in between I will go on
by just don't shipping that file.

Manuel