On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Tako Schotanus <tscho...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Sorry for not responding to this before, but lots of other things to do and
> this packaging business obviously needs more than just an hour here or there
> of reading READMEs.
>
> I see you want to make things even more difficult for me by giving me
> *several* options to choose from, are you *trying* to torture me? ;)
>
> Is there somewhere I can read up on this way of managing packages?
>
> And any particular reason why you would suggest making a new gitgub project
> for each of the Ceylon SPEC files instead of just putting them together?
> Wouldn't that just give us a bunch of 1-file projects otherwise?

I would say one spec per upstream repository (or per upstream source
tarball...). Of course it makes one-file repositories until you have to
patch stuff. In your case, you have binaries in your repositories (jar
files in /lib dirs) which goes against the guidelines. You might have
to patch the build.properties or build.xml files to "buildrequire"
rpms providing those jars in order to comply with the guidelines.

I could probably find more issues, but with my limited time I went
straight to the obvious :)

Dridi

PS. congratulations for the 1.0.0 release