On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Brendan Jones
<brendan.jones...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/05/2013 12:28 AM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Brendan Jones
>> <brendan.jones...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I remain unconvinced. Exploit my system with one of ams, aubio, hydrogen,
>>> jack-keyboard, phasex, portmidi or yoshimi.
>>>
>>> I just can't see it
>>

>> Suppose I create a malicious drumkit and either get it uploaded to one
>> of the officially recommended links at
>> http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/16 , or even just attach it in
>> bugzilla to a bug report saying that the Fedora hydrogen package
>> crashes or otherwise mishandles that file (causing _you_ personally to
>> open that file, even if in a debugger)?
>>
>> Note that I _don't really know_ whether this is exploitable with
>> hydrogen; though the incorrect format strings being in a class named
>> Object does suggest that the affected input paths may be pretty
>> widespread.
>>
> Probably a bad example. I guess its another case of educating upstream. They
> love that

It's really a trivial fix. In some of my packages it was already
patched upstream. Regardless of whether or not you are convinced or
anyone else for that matter, possible security flaws should always be
patched whether or not they are probably or improbable.

Dan