Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> it's documented in the very first comment:
>
> "The package needs Qt sources in order to have access to some private
> headers and sources that are not available in qt-devel and
> qt-devel-private"
>
> AFAIK this was necessary to get access to QPainter internals for painter
> introspection, and to build against the harfbuzz shipped with Qt sources.

Argh!!! How the heck did that pass review?

If gammaray needs some extra headers in qt-devel-private, we can probably
arrange for that (though building against qt-devel-private is rightfully
frowned upon in the first place, it's called "private" for a reason! But
this being a tool to poke in the internals of Qt apps, it's probably
reasonable for that tool to use the private headers), but bundling the whole
Qt tarball is entirely unacceptable (and against our bundling policies),
even if you only use small parts of it (which is even more dangerous: Who
guarantees that the private undocumented APIs in your bundled headers match
the ones in the installed version of Qt?).

        Kevin Kofler