On 12/28/2013 10:48 PM, Richard Fearn wrote:
Hi,

On 28 December 2013 21:29, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm doing some development at the moment and I want the coredumps to be
dropped somewhere sane (like the executing directory). How do I do it?

I think you want to do:

$ sudo systemctl stop abrt-ccpp

Before:

$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
|/usr/libexec/abrt-hook-ccpp %s %c %p %u %g %t e

i.e. send core dumps to abrt.

After:

$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
core
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_uses_pid
1

i.e. write core dumps to files named core.xxx.

Regards,

Rich

Thanks. I had tried this but still no core in the executing directory. Now I'm not sure where they are going - certainly nowhere in $HOME.

Its a difficult program to debug (an audio plugin kicked off by a host program) but I seem to have fixed the problem so it's no longer gracelessly crashing.