On Mon, 20 Jan 2014, Panu Matilainen wrote:
On 01/20/2014 07:31 PM, Alek Paunov wrote:
On 20.01.2014 16:24, Björn Persson wrote:
According to the Packaging Guidelines we're not supposed to use those
parameters when building "the source RPM to be submitted", because they
somehow get "serialized" into the source package. I don't understand
this, because I don't submit any source packages. The source package
gets built on a Koji server when I run "fedpkg build", and I don't know
of a way to pass any options to that process.

IMHO, an example of reasonable usage of this RPM facility in the current
context is the samba.spec:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/samba.git/plain/samba.spec

It defines --with testsuite, which is not supposed for real binary
packages production. Instead, it builds the full Samba (with the AD bits
enabled) and performs the whole testsuite on top of the test build.

The samba.spec is a bit convoluted for a simple example of the bcond usage as it has a zillion other unrelated but confusingly similar self-defined _with_foo macros and conditions based on them.
samba.spec wasn't designed with bcond in mind at all. Naming of the
defines is just logical. :).

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy