Am 27.01.2014 00:26, schrieb Chris Murphy:
> On Jan 26, 2014, at 1:18 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> Why is the snapshot case any different from a user who reverts doing a
>>> clean install or yum downgrade?
>>
>> because the snapshot restores *a whole filesystem* and not only the affected
>> application?
>
> If I knew the problem was with a particular affected application, why would I
> be using a snapshot rollback approach or clean install rather than a yum
> downgrade <app> approach?
>>
>> * restore a snapshot of /usr and you have fun with /var/lib/rpm
>> * restore a snapshot of /var/lib/ without /usr and you have fun with the
>> rpmdb and others
>> * restore a snapshot of /usr without /etc and you *may have* random fun
>>
>> and there are *hundrets* of such combinations where the last thing you
>> really would want is restore a snapshot because you have no plan about
>> the real-world impact in doing so
>
> Well what sort of moron would do rollbacks like this? You're saying if
> someone puts a stick of dynamite in their mouth then ZOMG! going to die!, but
> not accounting for why they would put dynamite in their mouth in the first
> place. This is simply not how rollbacks are done. Yes there are hundreds of
> mindnumbingly stupid ways a user could break their system. No one is
> recommending rollbacks that work the way you describe.

do yourself and everybody a favour and

* don't claim others are rude while you talk like above and worser half of the
thread
* don't talk about things above your technical scope
* discuss with software engineers while lacking basic understanding of the topic

posts like yours in that thread belongs to the users list and *not* to a
development list