On Jan 27, 2014, at 2:16 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason why these daemons are not ready to run is that when they used to
> be ready to run, they caused problems with whatever environment was already
> there. We used to ship tools which could do what was thought to be a
> reasonable job of configuring them but it quickly turned into that no one
> does their environment the same way and doesn't want to be told to do it like
> anyone else.

At least with something cleanly installed, I'd like it to work with "Fedora's
best practices" in mind, understanding what is best practices is often in flux.
One thing I see Fedora doing is helping me sharpen the saw, not do things my
way. Best practices doesn't necessarily mean on by default, however.

Chris Murphy