On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 February 2014 10:20, Miloslav Trmač <m...@volny.cz> wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be better to mass-file bugs?

I do keep track of the affected packages and may end up doing that,
depending on what happens in a week or two since I posted the initial
message. It's good to see some maintainers fix their packages, but I
don't think posting "fixed" messages on list has any value.

> For stuff like this, I think just getting a provenpackager to fix up
> the packages is the best thing to do. It's obviously correct and a
> simple change.

The problem with doing that is that it may end up keeping unmaintained
packages lingering around unnoticed as they won't get flagged for not
being built/updated by maintainers for N releases. I've done a bunch
of such sweeping changes, for example fixed a lot of packages for the
unversioned docdirs change in F-20 but I'm afraid that if maintainers
couldn't be bothered to do such a simple think (and many not even
bothered to simply merge the changes I made to rawhide to their F-20
branches and ship the update, nor replying to the filed bug), many of
the packages I touched were effectively unmaintained and should have
got new maintainers or be retired.