On 05/02/14 23:02, David Timothy Strauss wrote:

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:
In fact the first message actually tells the reporter to do that:

: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we may not
: be able to fix it before Fedora 18 is end of life. If you would still
: like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a
: later version  of Fedora, you are encouraged  change the 'version' to
: a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 18's end of life.

so if they can't do so then that message seems a little suboptimal.

Not only that, the message provides no guidance to the bug reporter if
the problem still occurs.

Sure it does - it tells them to update the version if the problem still occurs. Of course we now know they can't actually do that, so the guidance isn't much use, but it is there.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/