On 02/21/2014 03:53 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:

If the maintainer is including any non-trivial patches that I think that
enabling %check should almost be mandatory to ensure they are not causing
regressions through their patches.

I don't disagree that testsuites should be run.  I just disagree they
should be run in %check.  It's a poor replacement for things that
should be run via AutoQA or some other test framework after the build.
My view is exactly opposite.

%check is there to hook up a packages's self-tests/allow running a package's testsuite.

AutoQA could be a fallback to take other tests.

Ralf