On Mar 10, 2014 11:09 AM, "Matthew Miller" <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:09:43AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > > What will fedup updates of Fedora 20 look like? Would there be a flag,
> > > e.g. --product cloud/workstation/server? If not specified do we fail,
or
> > > is there a default?
> > The default should be whatever product was installed onto the system
> > originally.  Going from Fedora 20 to a Product in F21 is probably a
one-off
> > but I'm not sure what that should look like.  I could be totally wrong
but
> > I believe that each of the Products will have their own install image.
 With
> > that in mind, fedup might need a one-off bit of UI to ask which Product
> > image you want to use.  That image would then set the Product on the
disk
> > accordingly.
>
> I assume that we'll do something that makes it easy to read the existing
> product from the system -- I like fedora-release +
> fedora-release-{workstation,server,cloud} subpackages.
>
> And I think those subpackages probably _should_ conflict, don't you?

Depends.  Sgallagh had a desire to mark that a particular system
implemented multiple products (ie server that also had workstation
installed).  I'm not sure that's a good idea but if we did go that route
then we'd have to be able to support that with our identifiers.
Subpackages that conflict wouldn't be flexible enough to handle that.

-Toshio