El 26/03/14 12:45, Stephen John Smoogen escribió:

On 25 March 2014 13:53, Sergio Belkin <seb...@gmail.com <mailto:seb...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Adam,

    I've found that by default when I create a user, the checkbox in
    NetworkManager that says

    "All users may connect to this network" is checked!

    If I uncheck anyway the network configuration files are in
    /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

    Really I don't understand this behavior (using mate-desktop on F20)

I believe the reason for this is due to various users who have their home directories on network mounted systems (even if only the user is the only one to set up the network connection.) If the data was stored in the home directory then the network could not start to thus mount the home directory to get the account. A similar problem occurs if the /home is encrypted separately from the root partition.

In general, I just make sure that /root /etc and /home are backed up when I move from OS version to OS version so that I don't lose stuff I might need later.
--
Stephen J Smoogen.

Hmmm... but NetworkManager should think in desktop users (ok, somewhat power desktop users) that install a new release/distro and a user configuration should be completely independent. Or at least give the chance to save either systemwide or "userwide". Anyway thanks for your answers and ideas, I understand that all of this is somewhat Off-Topic :)

Cheers

--
Sergio Belkin
Certificado Linux LPIC-2