On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:58:59AM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 16:35 +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
>
> > If fixes the problem but that doesn't tell the whole story. You have a conf
> > that implicitly says "load the mouse driver" and then fails because you
> > didn't have the mouse driver installed. Which is fair enough, the question
> > here is why is that setting there in the first place? Is the goal to not add
> > any devices, or is this just an accidental leftover?
>
> I think the goal _is_ to not add any devices, yes.  Bumblebee is
> basically a second X server to run on the nvidia gpu and pipe the pixels
> off that to the integrated gpu.  So input only ever happens on the
> integrated gpu's server, so you want to keep the bumblebee server away
> from event devices.  (I think; I've never actually run it.)

hmm, in that case that line wouldn't actually do what it should.
AutoAddDevices off enables the old defaults, i.e. the mouse and keyboard
drivers. The mouse driver hooks onto /dev/input/mice and would receive
events. The correct solution here is to explicitly ignore devices:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "ignore all event devices"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Option "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

I'll post that on the github bug as well

Cheers,
   Peter