On 04/09/2014 02:59 PM, Alexey I. Froloff wrote:
On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 02:49:56PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
So, I'd question the usefulness of not installing man-page
It's more about getting to the point of being able to remove them and
or have the option not to install them.
Since man pages are marked as %doc, you can use %_excludedocs
macro:

$ grep -B2 excludedoc /usr/lib/rpm/macros
#       Boolean (i.e. 1 == "yes", 0 == "no") that controls whether files
#       marked as %doc should be installed.
#%_excludedocs

And also:

$ grep -B3 install_langs /usr/lib/rpm/macros
#       A colon separated list of desired locales to be installed;
#       "all" means install all locale specific files.
#
%_install_langs all

Does not solve the problem of dependency like for example if we want to get rid of man-db and it's dependency's so forth and so on.

The only way we can move forward is *fixing* our dependency tree. It is a mess to say the least

JBG