On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Miloslav Trmač <m...@volny.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> If your package has an exception from FESCo permitting it to enable
>> itself,
>

> Note that many (most?) packages don't need an individual exception by FESCo:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Starting_services_by_default allows fairly
> wide categories.
>      Mirek

Hmm. I can't actually find anything in that category in the list here
except, sort of, OpenIPMI.  OpenIPMI seems rather confused -- it has a
systemd service that claims to be oneshot but still has a stop
command.  That service does one-shot stuff and (I think) starts a real
daemon.  It should probably be split into two units.  In any event,
the actual offending code in OpenIPMI is in %triggerun, so it should
still go, and I think OpenIPMI has a preset entry anyway.

Nonetheless, I'll add:

If your package falls into the general exception, then it is possible
that no change is required.  Nevertheless, if you are relying on the
exception, please make sure that your rpm scripts are sensible.  The
exception is:

In addition, any service which does not remain persistent on the
system (aka, it "runs once then goes away"), does not listen to
incoming connections during initialization, and does not require
configuration to be functional may be enabled by default (but is not
required to do so). Examples of "runs once then goes away" services
include iptables and udev.

Also, yum-cron and varnish should be removed from the list.  Varnish
doesn't actually auto-enable itself, and yum-cron is dead.