Am 04.05.2014 18:54, schrieb Björn Persson:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> no, in general /usr/sbin is supposed to come before /usr/bin
>> and any software assuming the opposite has a bug
>>
>> Am 04.05.2014 18:11, schrieb Ankur Sinha:
>>> /usr/bin is supposed to come before /usr/sbin etc.
>
> I don't know of any kind of standard that specifies either. Does Posix
> specify this for example? Does anyone have a link?

normally no software should break independent of that
order because it finds the binary anyways in the path
and it is unlikely in a clean setup that the same
binary exists in both

however, the semantics of /usr/sbin is to contain superuser
binaries which should not be overriden because a binary
with the same name exists in /usr/bin