Am 20.06.2014 09:11, schrieb Jan Zelený:
> On 19. 6. 2014 at 14:24:39, Jon wrote:
>>> and BTW i am not playing around that much on my Rawhide VM but had
>>> *two times* today by type "dnf whatever" the "there is already an
>>> instance, wating for PID..." nonsense caused by the background
>>> metadata refresh
>>>
>>> do you *really* think that's a good user-expierience?
>>
>> No, that is unfortunate, and probably user unfriendly.
>
> While I agree that the user experience is not pleasant, you are talking about
> rawhide. I'd like to ask you not to use rawhide as a reference. We never
> intended to optimize dnf for the rawhide use case which is different in so
> many
> ways compared to stable Fedoras

that is not matter of rawhide or not and has nohting to do with usecases

* the background yum/dnf proess is running
* any dnf/yum command comes with a mystical "wait for something you have not
ordered"

that behavior is the same as all the years ago with yum-cron
the only difference is that yum-cron are additional packages
and so that behavior don't live in the defaults