On Mon, 2014-08-04 at 18:13 +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Can someone point me to discussion which ended in /media being symlink
> to /run/media directory?
>
> I am now looking at Picasa rescanning 40GB of pictures just because
> /media/storage/ dissapeared after upgrade of packages (which moved
> /media/ to /media.rpmmoved/ one).

This is pretty strange - so /media.rpmmoved was empty and without these
40GB of pictures? This directory was supposed to be created (with
os.rename) for such cases when people had their own files/dirs in /media
- for safety.

> Should I create /my-own-directory-do-not-even-think-about-touching-it/
> and keep mountpoints of all hard drives there just to hope that it will
> stay there for next year?

Well, it would be better to use /usr/local or /opt for this - not
creating another one toplevel directory for these do-not-ever-touch
mounts.

Greetings,
         Ondrej Vasik