Hi,

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Compiler_flags says
that "Compilers used to build packages must honor the applicable
compiler flags set in the system rpm configuration. Honoring means that
the contents of that variable is used as the basis of the flags actually
used by the compiler during the package build."

In Fedora, we recently enabled "-fstack-protector-strong" in system rpm
configuration - but are all packages using this enhanced hardening
feature?

To answer this question (and more), I wrote a program for scanning RPM
packages, in order to see which compiler flags were being used to build
them.

The "flags-scanner" projects lives on GitHub,

https://github.com/kholia/flags-scanner

Initial scan results are available on the following URL,

https://halfie.fedorapeople.org/flags-scanner/

Now, I need your feedback and cool ideas to improve this project :-)

Thanks,
Dhiru