Hi -

I have a question about [1], the policy limiting what services may
be started/enabled by default (when the RPM is installed).

#   If a service does not require configuration to be functional and
#   does not listen on a network socket, it may be enabled by default
#   [...]
#   All other services must not be enabled by default.

I'm thinking about how this needs to apply to server processes
associated with performance co-pilot (pcp).  The various daemons can
be set to listen on any mixture IPv4 / IPv6 / AF_UNIX sockets.  We
think it would be a fine performance-data-gathering background service
to run (deeper than sar but still tiny overhead), but default-on
appears to be precluded by the policy.  Or is it?

Is the intent of this policy to prevent unintentional remote access to
the services from a network (ignoring the default firewall)?  If so,
then a server restricted to localhost and/or AF_UNIX parts should be
allowed to be enabled by default.

Can someone clarify the intent / definitions of this constraint?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Starting_services_by_default