On Tue 19 Aug 2014 05:12:31 PM CEST, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Tomas Hozza <tho...@redhat.com> said:
>> That's where seccomp kicks in, it acts as a 2nd wall of defence. In case
>> of a security hole being present in the server process, it goes further
>> than a chroot, it prevents the attacker from making socket connections
>> orexecuting his code, as his "playing field" is significantly reduced.
>> There's very little he can do.”
>
> How is that different from an SELinux policy?  How is the additional
> resitrction handled (if it isn't SELinux, what mechanism is used to do
> the restriction)?

I'm not such expert in this field to answer your question. However by
googling you can find some information about seccomp:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox/Seccomp
http://outflux.net/teach-seccomp/

However I would love to see some opinion and response from someone
working on SELinux and security.

Regards,
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D