On 2014-08-26 11:55, Lennart Poettering wrote:
Well, Fedora is not a distribution that cares about whether it is easily
bootstrappable. It never was a goal to be one. If you want to make it
one, then that's fine, but that'd be something to make an official goal
first, by going through FESCO...

If you want a distro that is bootstrappable, the way that Gentoo is, or
that Debian tries to be then that's OK. I personally don't think it is
worth the effort though, as we don't have to bootstrap new archs every
other week...

Both aarch64 and ppc64le were introduced in a relatively short amount of time. As someone who helped bootstrap a new platform (and a relatively obscure one at that) last year, the last thing we need to do is make this process harder than necessary.

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Associate Software Engineer, ARM