On Thu, 2014-10-16 at 14:46 +0200, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 16/10/14 14:25, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> >
> >     Hello,
> >
> >     in Fedora 21, we have Django-1.6. Django-1.7 was released a few weeks
> >     ago. As we're in feature freeze, but still pre-beta. I'd like to ask for
> >     opinions, if an upgrade to Django-1.7 would be still acceptable.
> >
> >     I have a copr available containing Django-1.7 [1]
> >
> >     Thoughts?
> >

> > Does it bring any substantial benefits?  Does it break existing apps?
> >
> Two things to be considered:
>
> - Django-1.6 will get out of maintenance when F21 is still released
> (probably in March 2015)
>
> - when running an app, the following lines in your wsgi file need to be
> placed or replaced:
>
> from django.core.wsgi import get_wsgi_application
> application = get_wsgi_application()
>
> instead of whatever was there earlier to define the application.
>

> Matthias

There are no Django applications that are part of the install sets of
any of the Products or Spins so far as I am aware, so the risk to the
Project deliverable dates would be minimal. I'd suggest bringing it to
FESCo for a more complete risk-analysis, but I'd argue that we'd be
better off shipping python-django as 1.7 and also the python-django16
package in Fedora 21.